Senior Scientist – Birmingham UK
Manage all aspects in the execution of individual projects, under the guidance of a Principal Investigator.
- Assay development in conjunction with Principal Investigator.
- Ensuring all stock and reagents required are on hand and any ethical approvals required are secured.
- Taking the lead in the planning and execution of specialist assays, keeping the Principal Investigator fully informed of progress and issues.
- Organising day to day work of others (Scientists / Associate Scientists). .
- Developing / updating protocols.
- Analysis of data.
- Client interaction under guidance of Principal Investigator.
- Writing draft reports.
- Correctly storing data, reagents and samples (including “lab book”) for current and future reference.
- Following all policies and procedures, giving feedback on their development as appropriate.
- Other tasks as might reasonably be required of a senior member of the scientific staff.
- A relevant PhD and several years experience or an undergraduate degree and many years of experience..
- .Experienced in cell culturing techniques, tissue sectioning and histology; in vitro assays.
- Good laboratory record keeping skills and real attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
If you are interested in this constitutive role in our small and dynamic company, then please apply below and attach your CV and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
We are interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.