Scientist – Birmingham UK
We are looking for a Research Scientist to join our rapidly growing business. You will have the opportunity to work in a mature environment and to develop your skills and knowledge, as you further your career with us. We are a close-knit, friendly team and you will have a direct impact on the success of the business.
Planning and undertaking specialist assays, under the guidance of a Principal Investigator.
- Giving input to Principal Investigator on developing the assay.
- Ensuring all stock and reagents required are on hand.
- Planning and undertaking specialist assays, seeking guidance from Principal Investigator as required.
- Developing / updating protocols.
- Analysis of data.
- Client interaction under guidance of Principal Investigator.
- Writing draft reports.
- Correctly storing data, reagents and samples (including “lab book”) for current and future reference.
- Following all policies and procedures, giving feedback on their development as appropriate.
- Operational tasks as directed by operations manager / line manager (e.g. monthly surveys / COSHH updates / receipt of radiochems etc.).
- A relevant PhD.
- Experienced in cell culturing techniques, tissue sectioning and histology; in vitro assays.
- Good laboratory record keeping skills and real attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
If you are interested in this constitutive role in our small and dynamic company, then please apply below and attach your CV and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Please email email@example.com with any questions you might have.